Monday 19 October 2015

Free as a bird


Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plan.” – Woody Allen

Do you want to know what freedom feels like? Good, then let the fuck go.

Let go of others expectations. Let go of the story in your head. Let go of society’s values that no one lives up to. Let go and trust that it will work out. Let go of any guilt for doing what you need to do. Let go and for once in your life, just live.

Opportunity is sly and usually shows up camouflaged in a moment you didn’t see coming. This could be a painful break-up, a job loss, or a moment you would rather soon forget.

Life is unpredictable. It can have you feeling lost. But life is going to happen, so when it does, try not to take it so fucking personally. You can’t change anything that’s already happened, so why spend another second wishing you could? Let go.
I’ve been called a sociopath. Been told that my emotional scale starts and ends at one, and that there is something wrong with me. I tend to disagree.
Emotions are the excuse that the mentally weak use for why they can’t be held responsible. Emotions are the drug many well-intentioned people are a slave to.
Everybody wants something. Don’t be a fool about this. Don’t be the sucker holding their hands up to God asking, “why me?” Don’t be the misguided victim blaming others for their own fate.  

I’m not going to apologize for being the person I am, nor will I apologize for my opportunistic ways. I do not judge. I do not care. Because of this, I am free.
Success belongs to the cunning, the brave, and the ones not afraid to be brash.
I want what I want out of life, so do not get in my way.

All of your teachers and parents lied. They told you that it is better to be a person who is selfless and gives than to be the one who takes.  Do not believe these dogmatic views.  All great creations and movements started with one person who became selfish with their own time, and did not worry or fret about the opinions of others.


Be brave, be selfish, be all that you can be. The only way to do this is to first let go and be free.


No comments:

Post a Comment