Tuesday 8 September 2015

Short and Sweet

Walking on eggshells has never been my thing, and the thought of dying with words left trapped inside me is not the type of tragic irony that I’m into….
Here’s a love letter. Enjoy.
She doesn’t bore me, never wears thin on my nerves, and she’s good for me. Fuck, who am I kidding? She’s exactly what I need.
I quote Bukowski to woo her, while she quotes him to prove me wrong. I prefer my cognitive brain function to be fuelled with Adderall and caffeine, while she has a more holistic and natural approach.
I think I’m her favourite writer, though she seems to like other writers’ Instagram work a tad more than mine. Not sure if I should’ve admitted that…moving on.
Many people on the outside looking in don’t get us, and that’s okay. It's hard to feel the heat of a fire that burns inside while standing out in the cold.
Of all the quirks that make her special, the most important is this: somehow she gets me, and I get her, and in the end that’s all that matters.
It’s short and sweet, just like someone I know. You’re my favourite. No need to follow it with ‘fuck’, ‘shit’, ‘cock’, or ‘balls’.
- Jeff Moore 

No comments:

Post a Comment