Monday 1 February 2016

A Poem for you.


I have this little poem that I spent all night going over.
Its words don’t always rhyme and I’m sure, as you may have already guessed, it contains an obscenity or two.
Boy meets Girl. That’s how it starts and stays for quite some time.
Boy thinks Girl is pretty.
Girl doesn’t care because Boy isn’t her type.
Boy writes like a motherfucker and Girl discovers there is more to Boy than what she first thought, which leads to them falling for one another!
There have already been so many moments in between the moments I will never forget, my favourite being when your curiosity got the better of you.
We used to stay up late getting lost in wine-soaked words. Now our conversations happen over coffee and the morning news.
I couldn’t tell why you chose me, and honestly, I think that’s best. My head is already so big; add one more thing and I might just fall over.
It wasn’t your beauty that made me fall – don’t get me wrong, I think you’re fucking beautiful. Honestly, on a scale of one to ten, I’d give you a 52.
It was the way your eyes told me everything when you couldn’t find the right words to say, and your pretty little laugh that hugs my heart that made you impossible to be without.
 Our journey won’t always be easy. Lord knows any road travelled with me is bound to have a few potholes along the way. And happily ever after are just words that some people say. Here though, my dearest _______, is my promise to you: I will love you forever plus one day, you’re my favourite, and this poem is just for you.
Jeff Moore 


No comments:

Post a Comment